In Grapevine-Colleyville ISD, we value the safety of our students, staff, parents and community. As we continue to work together to prevent the spread of COVID-19, there are new health and safety protocols that have been implemented at all athletics and fine arts events for the 2020-2021 school year. According to TEA and UIL guidelines, all GCISD venues hosting athletics and fine arts events are limited to 50 percent capacity. All spectators attending GCISD athletics and fine arts events are required to follow these GCISD protocols:
- Wear a mask or face covering throughout the event. Hand sanitizing stations will be available for public use.
- Socially distance from other spectators and leave the event as soon as your child’s competition is over.
- Purchase a ticket online (TicketSpicket.com). No tickets will be sold at the gate and no coach's or district passes will be accepted. NOTE: Ticket procedures for away games are determined by the host district.
- Self-screen for symptoms of COVID-19 before attending an event and stay home in exhibiting any. A list of signs and symptoms can be found in the GCISD Fall 2020 Draft Guide.
- All spectators attending a game must have a ticket. All tickets will be general admission.
- All tickets must be purchased online. No tickets will be sold at the gate.
- Families purchasing tickets will be able to buy a maximum of four(4) tickets per transaction.
- Spectators attending games will need to sit on seats that don’t have tape on them. Tape will be placed on prohibited seats to allow for social distancing.
- Tickets will be available for purchase beginning the day prior to the game:
- The day prior to the date of the game, families of participants will be able to purchase tickets.
- All others will be able to purchase tickets the day of the game.
- Any elementary or middle school student attending a game must be accompanied by a parent or parents.
- High School students must have a ticket, but don’t have to be accompanied by a parent. NOTE: There will be no “Student Sections” this year due to limited seating capacity.
- Once 50 percent of the gym's capacity has been reached, no additional tickets will be sold.
- Only pre-packaged items will be sold at games (ex. bottled water, soda, candy, chips, etc.).
- Concession stands will be limited to 50% capacity for workers.
- Workers will be wearing face coverings and gloves.
- Guests should maintain social distance while waiting in line.
- Concessions will be able to take electronic payments to limit the exchange of money.
Exiting the Event
- After each event (ex. A-Team, B-Team, Freshman, JV, etc.), all athletes will need to exit the gym and return home. Exceptions will be made if they have a sibling playing in a later game and can sit with their family provided social distancing is still maintained.
- Parents of athletes will also need to exit the gym once their student’s game is over to accommodate other spectators. Exceptions will be made if they have a child playing in a later game.